The City of Holland and the Holland Energy Fund have joined forces to create the Holland Home Energy Retrofit (HER) Program… and it makes home energy efficiency upgrades nearly irresistible!
Home Energy Improvements Have Never Been Easier and More Affordable
The HER Program helps qualified homeowners in the City of Holland make energy improvements to their homes to reduce energy costs and increase comfort. Eligible homeowners can receive up to $9,500 in rebates from the HER Program, SEMCO Gas Company, and Holland BPW and can also access several different financing options to help spread out the cost of the home improvements.
Energy Efficiency Improvements Reduce Costs and Increase Your Comfort
The HER Program only provides rebates and financing options for eligible improvements so you won’t be able to use it for that new hot tub or kitchen counter… but you CAN use it for a lot of great projects:
- Adding or replacing attic, basement, crawlspace, or exterior wall insulation
- Air sealing your home to reduce air infiltration
- Window and door replacements
- HVAC replacements and upgrades
- Energy efficient lighting upgrades
- And much, much more
The measures listed above will not only lower your monthly utility bills but they will also improve the comfort of the home by getting rid of drafty areas and cold/hot rooms in your house. On top of that, the upgrades also help to improve the value of your home.
Find Out if You Qualify for the HER Program
There are only a few requirements to be eligible to participate in the HER Program.
- You must be a homeowner in the City of Holland, Michigan
- You must complete an energy assessment using an authorized contractor from the HER Program
- You must invest at least $10,000 on eligible home energy improvements
GreenFIT Homes is an authorized contractor for the HER Program and can answer any questions you may have about the program. For more information or to get started, contact us today.