What’s Included in an Energy Audit?
GreenFIT Homes experts will perform a thorough energy audit of your home and make an assessment of energy inefficiencies and offer solutions to fit your needs and budget. Our home energy audit will help you evaluate how to make your home more comfortable while saving energy and providing an assessment of the health and safety of your home. Making suggested improvements and efficiency upgrades from an energy audit can save 5-30% on your energy bill.
- Blower Door Testing to identify air infiltration that leads to high energy bills and poor air quality.
- Carbon Monoxide and Gas Leak Testing to identify pollutants that could be affecting your family’s health.
- Infrared Thermal Imaging to find areas of heat loss that can result in drafty, uncomfortable rooms.
- Detailed Analysis Report with suggested home performance renovations that will increase efficiency and save you money in the long run.
Note: Indoor Air Quality Testing for mold, pollen, dust, and other contaminants is available upon request.
What Do We Look For During an Energy Audit?
- Check for air leaks around outlets, fixtures, doors and windows
- Inspect windows and doors for excess condensation
- Note number and location of air registers
- Inspect the fireplace
- Note thermostat type and setting
- Check for wall insulation and framing type
- Look for indoor air quality problems and lead-based paint
- Inspect lighting fixtures and recessed lights
- Note and test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Inspect attic and basement for air or water leakage, ventilation issues, wiring, etc.
Once we’ve reviewed our findings with you, we’ll develop a plan of action for home energy efficiency improvements. We work within your budget to determine solutions that best fit your needs.
If you’re interested in scheduling an energy audit for your Grand Rapids or West Michigan area home or have questions about our energy auditing process, fill out the form on the right to request a free, no-obligation quote. If you’re in need of an energy audit in Grand Rapids, Rockford or elsewhere in West Michigan and you have questions, you can call us directly at 616.887.2901.