Why is Insulation important?
Insulation is a key factor for providing comfort in a home. Insulation reduces unwanted heat loss or gain and can decrease the energy demands of heating and cooling systems. GreenFIT Homes is the leading Grand Rapids home insulation company providing services to Rockford, Holland and all of West Michigan. Our contractors will choose the best insulation option for your attic, ducts, ceiling walls, basement or crawl space whether it’s spray foam, batt and blanket, rigid board or loose fill.
Sealing and insulating the “envelope” of your home — its outer walls, ceiling, windows, doors, and floors — is often the most cost effective way to improve energy efficiency and comfort. A knowledgeable homeowner with a skilled contractor can save up to 20% on heating and cooling costs (or up to 10% on total annual energy bills) by sealing and insulating.
If you’re experiencing any of these common problems, your home could benefit from additional insulation:
- Drafty rooms
- Hot and cold rooms, uneven temperature between rooms
- Ice dams on the roof
- Cold floors in the winter
- Dust or smells from attic or crawlspace
- Pests or rodents
- High heating or cooling bills
Benefits of Insulation
- Lower energy usage and costs
- Improved comfort
- Reduced noise from outside
- Less pollen, dust, and insects entering the home
- Better humidity control
Key Areas for Insulation
- Attic Insulation
- Ducts Insulation
- Ceiling Insulation
- Exterior Walls Insulation
- Foundation Insulation
- Basement or Crawl Space Insulation
Types of Insulation
After a thorough inspection, GreenFIT Homes experts install various types of insulation according to the home’s needs and requirements and your budget:
- Loose-fill insulation– Loose-fill is a common choice for attic insulation as it includes loose fibers or fiber pellets that are blown into building cavities using special equipment.
- Batt and blanket – This type of insulation is made of mineral fiber — either processed fiberglass or rock wool — and is used to insulate below floors, above ceilings, and within walls.
- Rigid board insulation – Commonly made from fiberglass, polystyrene, or polyurethane and comes in a variety of thicknesses with a high insulating value; used for reproofing work on flat roofs, on basement walls and as perimeter insulation at concrete slab edges, and in cathedral ceilings.
- Spray foam insulation– Spray foam is sprayed through a nozzle into wall, ceiling, and floor cavities and expands into a solid cellular plastic with millions of tiny air-filled cells that fill every nook and cranny.
If you’re looking for an insulation contractor in Grand Rapids, Rockford, or West Michigan to provide your home with insulation services, please contact us. If you have questions about spray foam insulation or you want a GreenFIT Homes technician to evaluate your existing insulation, fill out the form on the right to request a free, no-obligation quote or call us directly at 616.887.2901.